Your Daily Dose of Food + Drink News, Events and Must-Read Miscellany:
1. La Bodega is finally moving from pop-up to permanent digs. Nosh Pit reports that chef/owner Manuel “Manu” Alfau plans to settle into a brick-and-mortar shop at 100 Prefontaine Pl. S. in Pioneer Square this fall.
2. Rachael Coyle of Coyle’s Bakeshop will lead a July Preserving Workshop this Sunday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at Book Larder in Fremont. Participants will make and take home jars of canned goodness, including bread and butter pickles, apricot-vanilla preserves and dilly beans. At last check space remained, visit the Book Larder website for details.
3. You might want to start planning that fall detox now: CHS reports that Juicebox is opening a 25-seat cafe on 12th Ave. in the Pike/Pine corridor.
4. Revel chef Mike Whisenhunt is teaming up with Jen Doak to launch Brimmer & Heeltap in Ballard. Eater reports that the gastropub will open in the space formerly occupied by dearly departed French restaurant Le Gourmand.
5. Volunteer Park Cafe chef/owner Ericka Burke and cookbook author/GoGo Green Garden founder Amy Pennington are hosting the next in a series of garden meals at the Capitol Hill eatery next week. The menu for the July 23 Chef + Gardner dinner features a bounty of seasonal veggies, including scarlet runner beans with bacon lardoons and pork shoulder, rose geranium crème brûlée and house-made raspberry ginger beer. The $45 price tag includes a take-home favor, garden tips and a recipe. Call 206-328-3155 for reservations.