Your Daily Dose of Food + Drink News, Events and Must-Read Miscellany
1. Greenwood’s Naked City Brewery is throwing its 5th Anniversary Party all day this Saturday, with oyster shooters, 26 Naked City taps and the bottle release of the Big Lebrewski: a White Russian...Imperial Stout.
2. Food that compliments, “the beautiful flavors of Cragganmore, Dalwhinnie and Glenkinche” will be served at tonight’s first Scotch Dinner at The Old Sage. Full menu details are over here, call 206-557-7430 for reservations.
3. The Ballard Bridge Cafe is open in the former Counter space around the corner from Top Pot and Trader Joe’s in the Ballard Blocks building. My Ballard reports that the breakfast and lunch spot will serve standards, including scrambles and French toast in the morning, with burgers and fish and chips in the afternoon. Hours are 6:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 7:00 am to 3:00 pm on Sunday.
4. Online ticket sales end tonight at 10:00 pm for tomorrow’s annual Arcade Lights at Pike Place Market. This year, more than 60 vendors will serve edibles and imbibles, including Honest Biscuits, This Charming Candy and Ninkasi Brewing.
6. Join author and poet Kate Lebo tonight at The Hugo House for the release of her new book, A Commonplace Book of Pie. Discover what your favorite pie may say about you, bring a pie if you’d like, and enjoy drinks, pie, and readings from writers and poets including Sam Ligon, Elissa Ball and, of course, Lebo. Pie social begins at 6, the readings at 7. For more about the book, check out our blog post on Voracious here.