Your Daily Dose of Food + Drink News, Events and Must-Read Miscellany
1. Up until now, we could only score chef Manny Alfau’s marinated pork sandwiches and plantain fritters at La Bodega pop-ups around town. Just when the wait was getting excruciating, Alfau announced that his much-anticipated Pioneer Square Dominican lunch spot is set to open its doors November 15. Check Facebook for updates.
2. In other news about a pop-up that’s about to go brick-and-mortar, Juicebox is getting ready to open in permanent digs on 12th Ave. in Capitol Hill. The cold-pressed juicery, smoothie bar and juice cleanse delivery service is scheduled to launch during the week of November 11.
3. California-based chain Fatburger just opened a co-branded location with chicken wing spot Buffalo’s Express at Alki Beach. The first Fatbuger location within Seattle city limits includes a full bar and outdoor seating.
4. Fremont wine and coffee bar Vif is throwing its first annual Harvest and Tide Party this Friday. Renee Erickson’s Narwhal oyster truck is serving eats during the 5:00 to 9:00 pm event. No RSVP is needed.
5. The Perfect Peach author and slow food organizer David Mas Masumoto will speak with his daughter Nikiko at Elliott Bay Books next Thursday, November 7 at 7:00 pm. Click here for details.